Wednesday 6 September 2017

Owl Journal Cover Part 2 for Creative Paperclay®

Hi Creative Paperclay® fans, it's Cindy here, I am excited to share with you the second instalment to my Owl Journal Cover.... 

keep reading to see how to complete your own...



Supplies:

Clay shaping tools
Rolling pin
Water for smoothing clay
Black Gesso

now onto how I finished this journal cover.....
if you missed part one you can find it here... Owl Journal Cover

this is where part one finished off.... with the front cover of the journal covered in a thin layer of Creative Paperclay® with my sculpted owl...

I began by creating an impression on a thin piece of clay using an impression mat...
I made 4 of these pieces to cover the front of my journal cover... 


As I was applying wet clay to dry clay.... I made up some clay slip (clay mixed in water to a runny creamy consistency) which I applied to the dry clay to help in attaching the moulded wet clay pieces...
I added some additional line work to the moulded pieces using a ball tool...

I repeated the process for the back cover.... making another 4 moulded pieces...


Next I made some thin rolls and twisted them together to form my tree branch...

I formed a clay disc to create a moon, and attached it to the cover under my tree branch...

As a finishing touch to my clay work I added a few vine curls to the tree branch...

Once the clay was completely dry I painted the background up with black gesso...

Using Vivid Siam White, I painted my moon and a base coat on my owl...

I then started adding shades of blue Silks Acrylic Glazes to the background of the front and back covers...
I added shades of brown Silks to the tree and owl...
and a little grey Silks to finish off the clouds in front of my moon...

A final look at the completed front cover....

thank you for stopping by and joining me here today,


Till next time
Happy Creating
xC


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment