Tuesday 18 July 2017

Dreamer Art Journal Spread Tutorial for Scrap FX

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me today for a special share for Scrap FX...
A step by step photo tutorial of my "Dreamer Art Journal Spread"

Scrap FX have so many wonderful products that are fabulous not only for scrapbooking and mixed media but also for art journalling as well...

Here's how I created my journal spread:
I began by painting my background... using Dylusions paints...

next up I started with my circles for the dream catcher...

the Scrap FX Circle Stencil is fabulous for creating concentric circles....

adding more layers...

I stamped the smaller feather from the Feather Stamp Pack using Dylusions paint... initially in one colour.... then....

re-stamped the feathers using two colours of Dylusions paint... 

I applied several more coats of paint to my dream catcher...

and then painted in my string lines and began stamping my background...  I began using the Harlequin Stamp...

then added more detail with the Chicken Wire Stamp and the the new Polygonic Stencil...

and added even more to my background using the Moroccan Tile Stamp...

Next I stamped my dream catcher using two of the arrows from the Arrows Stamp...

I stamped around the edge of my dream catcher using the Lace A Loops Stamp, by inking and stamping only one or two little lace loops at a time to curve around the dream catcher...

Next it's time to paint in the beads on the dream catchers strings... and add a centre piece to the dream catcher using one of the Maze Circles painted up with a couple of Dylusions colours...

I added my quote with a white pen and then started adding white pen highlights...

a final look at the completed piece...

Scrap FX products used:

I hope you enjoyed this project...
till next time...
Happy Creating...

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment