Thursday 23 July 2015

Christmas in July

Hi everyone, it's Cindy here with my second blog post for the month.... I'm excited to share with you a couple of Christmas cards I created for Christmas in July...


To create this card I began by die cutting  the Conservatory die and the Goodwill Tree from the Christmas Emporium Collection ... I then backed the die cuts with cardstock....



Next I cut down the Conservatory die cut as shown...

then it was just putting it all together...
 I applied the background die cut directly to the card front and used some foam tape to mount up the tree die cut over some gauze... and to finish I tied some ribbon binding in a big bow, and added some touches of bling...

 A close up of the Silver Glitzen Glamour added to the tree and the 2mm gemstones added to the background die cut... 


 Next I created a super quick flip card...

The flip card base I cut from red cardstock and again used the Christmas Emporium Papers to decorate...

I added some Red Glitzen Glamour to the exposed area of red cardstock,  just to create some random texture...

 after I had done this I decided that I didn't like the paper I had chosen for the inside of the card and replaced it with a stronger colour...

I pulled the centre off one of the bulk white roses and added it to the front... and also added a little silver Glitzen Glamour to it make it shimmer...


I used the smallest die from the Vintage Signs set to create my message inside... and placed it so that the rounded top would look like a tab when the card was closed...





Dies used:
Tools and Accessories used:

till next time
happy creating

No comments:

Post a Comment