Tuesday 16 June 2015

Guest spot Crafty Crusaders

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to be here with you today.
I have created an 8x8" watercolour canvas to share with you all, showcasing the Pebeo Studio Aquarelle watercolour paints...

I began by mixing up some modelling paste with various colours


I then applied the coloured modelling paste through my stencil

once the modelling paste was dry I could watercolour the base canvas

next up I added some stamping around the edge of the canvas and a stamped butterfly which was painted up with the Pebeo watercolours

I loved working with these wonderful watercolours.... they are deliciously transparent allowing great blending on my butterfly wings. this fabulous transparency also enabled me to create the 3D shadow under the butterfly


 for a finishing touch I added some Schmincke Rich Gold powder, it has a gouache binding medium, you just add water to get a fabulous shiny gold effect



 and finally the finished canvas...

thanks for joining me today
happy creating


No comments:

Post a Comment