Monday 20 October 2014

Creative Post Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, thanks for joining me here today;

I have been tagged by the extremely creative, Michelle Logan the Scrap FX Design Team Coordinator to participate in this Creative Process Blog Hop. So what is this I hear you say? Well it has been going for a while now (as I found out when I tried to tag a few other arty folk for this post) and it entails answering a few simple questions to get to know me a little better, then I will tag some other crafty peeps to keep it going the following week.

So here goes: 

What am I working on now? 
Currently I am working on a large Halloween project and some wall art for my teaching space... I am working on an actual full size coffin lid (given to me by a friend who is in the funeral industry) hopefully I get it finished in time.... as for the wall art there is no time frame.... so as the opportunity arises I just keep working on it... 


How does my work differ from others in my Genre? 
This is a tough question to answer... I don't compare my work to others. I love using all sorts of techniques and mediums... and I find myself inspired by everything around me... there is so many wonderful artists out there and amazing artwork everywhere! 


Why do I create what I do?
Good question... I have always been creative for as long as I can remember right back to my earlier childhood years... My mother always told me I got my creativity from my great grandma, apparently she was a very creative lady... 

I have always had the urge to paint, create or make something for as long as I can remember and I am happiest when my hands are covered in ink and paint... I create because I have that inherent need to do so, it's almost instinctual... As for why I create what I do.... I follow my heart/desires when creating and go where ever my mood takes me... I have a real passion for altered art currently...


How does my creative process work?
Hmmm.... I've never really stopped to think about this... I guess I start by deciding what I am going to create, scrapbook layout, altered art, canvas, etc... Once the decision is made, colour and what mediums I plan to use are next... with all those things laid out before me, I let the process take care of itself from there and follow where ever that leads... On the rare occasions that I may suffer form a creative block, I will just grab a journal and start to paint or doodle.... just create a mess and that is normally enough to the ideas sparking... 


Well, that is me done, now it is time for me to tag some other creative peeps to answer the same questions... I have chosen a couple of creative peeps that I currently work with on Design Teams and I hope you will enjoy a visit to their Blogs too.


The first is Lynn who can be found here, she does some beautiful work and is on the D-lish Scraps and the Black with two design teams with me. 

The second arty friend I will tag, is Kerry, her creative home is here. Also a D-lish Scraps Design Team member and whips up some great scrapbook pages. 


I hope you enjoyed this little insight


till next time
happy creating

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment