Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Water's Edge

Hi everyone, I'm up on the Scrap FX blog again to share a layout I created using one of the new Summer themed Scrap FX titles.  Those of you who know me well, know that I do not like the sun (or at least my skin doesn't..lol..) so I don't have any of the traditional summer beach pics 'cause I'm always hiding indoors in summer... But I was going through my photo stash and came across this pic of Bill from before we were married.  We were away camping along the Murray River when I snapped this shot...

I created the background using Lindy's stamp gang sprays and tissue paper with plenty of distress inks.

The new Scrap FX title "The Water's Edge" was perfect for the pic.

The Scrap FX Twisted Reeds reminded me of the plants on the edge of river.

We have been having terrible fires here and where I live has been draped in thick smoke, this made it difficult to capture all of the detail on this layout, without any sunlight, it was hard to capture the shine of the medium......but I used the Random Dots Stencil with some gel medium to create the look of watery bubbles... gives the layout a glistening, just like the river had in the sunshine... 

Scrap FX products used:

 thanks for joining me here today
till next time

Happy Creating
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment