Saturday 26 October 2013

The Latest Scrap FX Mood Board Challenge

So this months challenge is up on the Scrap FX blog.... this month we have a mood  board and sketch for you to create with...

First up the board, prepared by the lovely Claire:
MoodBoardOctober
A bit more masculine in nature this time and neutral in tone. Perfect to go with all the chippies released this month to showcase the guys in our life, but it can also hold other potential with items from nature being present, organic patterns, the possibilities are truly endless with mood boards. All you need is a little creative juice.

Now the sketch:
MoodBoardSketch
A splendid sketch to play with – right? The fantabulous Claire a.k.a Luckie created this beauty also! She is uber talented don’t you think?!

so here is the DT Challenge:
Use the mood board as inspiration to create any type of project
The sketch must be used in the creation of project


So here is my take on the challenge.... 
I first created a layout just following the sketch, but wasn't happy with the result, a little to neat and simple for my usual style.... so I had another think about it and another look at the sketch... and this is what I came up with...

I started with an oversized spoon as my base....

and proceed to create a mini version of the sketch upon the spoon....
I know a little out there, but haven't you ever just wanted to alter everything insight???... 
This is the phase I am going through right now...

I used the Scrap FX  Retro Flourish Frame as my base for the design, used a small doily to fill the void of the frame, and built the sketch from there...
I used the Hexangonal Pattern Stencil on a piece of book page, to tone everything back to the mood board... I then finished the design off with the "love" title from the Scrap FX Words of Love and added some roses, ribbons and trim....


the Scrap FX pieces used to create my altered spoon:


Well I hope that you liked my twist on the latest challenge... and I hope to see you sharing your take on the challenge over on the Scrap FX facebook page....

till next time
happy creating
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment